- My full name is Caroline McCall Queen and I love my name!
- I love Jesus
- I am saved by grace
- I am forgiven
- I am 27 years old
- I have hazel eyes
- My natural hair color is medium brown but I often get bored with my hair so the color can change often
- I am very close with my family
- My mom is my best-friend
- As I am getting older I have caught myself saying things or doing things that my mom does that I said I would never do...haha.
- I have one sister who is 3 years younger than me
- I have four step-brothers...2 are older, 2 are younger
- I grew up in a small redneck town
- I have lived in the same county in GA my entire life except when I was in college
- I love sports...#1 is college football, #2 is baseball, #3 is college basketball
- I played t-ball when I was little...I was the only girl on the team...once the coach no longer pitched to us my daddy moved me to softball
- I grew up in a Baptist church
- I now attend a nondenominational church...Buckhead Church is my church home
- I volunteer on the Production Team at Buckhead Church
- I love dogs; I have two miniature dachshunds...one short hair, one long hair
- I do not like cats
- I am good with computers
- I have never been gambling
- I absolutely hate talking on the phone...if I must talk on the phone the call must be 15 min or less or I get highly annoyed
- I have an iPhone which I obviously use more for texting, email, etc. than talking on it
- Out of all of the 50 states I have only been to AL, FL, SC, NC, TN, IN, and HI
- I have vacationed in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, and Jamaica
- I make mistakes every single day
- I love the beach in the summer and the mountains in the winter
- The Georgia Bulldogs are my favorite team
- I love to shoot guns
- I've never been camping but I think I might could do it but only if I could brush my teeth and take a shower
- I love to go "muddin"
- I am always late
- I am the worst speller in the world
- I had my license suspended for 6 months right after graduating high school...for speeding.
- I like to drive fast
- I hate being late for church & it is the only place I seem to be able to get to "on time"
- I hate horror movies
- I have found that I am a perfectionist
- I often worry about things that are completely stupid
- I once had my nose pierced...loved it but was threatened of being "cut off" so I took it out...I will probably have it done again one day
- Love tattoos & boys with tattoos but probably b/c I don't have the balls to get one myself
- I love cooking and cooking for others
- I almost went to culinary school
- I got a guitar two years ago and have yet to learn to play it
- I play the piano...took lessons from 1st grade until I was a senior in high school
- I was a huge daddy's girl...miss him everyday
- Music is my passion, Music is my life
- I like every genre of music
- I have reached the age that I don't care if I stay at home on a Friday or Saturday night
- Some of my best-friends I have known my entire life
- I love to shop
- My friends tease me that I have had the same handwriting my entire life
- I can not remember how to write in cursive
- I love a good massage
- I can get lost in a good book
- I love Nashville and have often thought about moving there
- I love coffee
- Sugar Free Red Bulls are a guilty pleasure of mine
- I absolutely love babies
- I originally went to college to be a nurse...obviously changed my mind
- I would love to be able to work at a hospital in the nursery and hold those precious babies...at least part time
- I am actually looking for a part time job
- I love to go to concerts
- Kenny Chesney is my b/f
- I have found that I can be very judgmental at times...something I constantly have to keep in check
- Peanut Butter M & M's are my favorite candy
- I had laser surgery on my eyes...best money ever spent
- I have freckles
- Sometimes I wish I had someone to make decisions for me all the time
- Green, Blue, Black, and Red are my favorite colors
- 7 and 13 are my favorite numbers
- Hydrangeas and Gerber Daisy's are my favorite flowers
- I want to do a mission trip in Africa
- I have a passion inside me to adopt children and have my own
- I love 90210 reruns
- I love sushi, and all seafood
- If I don't get my sleep you don't want to be around me
- I am hypoglycemic and have to have a snack with me at all times just in case my blood sugar drops so that I don't pass out
- Sunday afternoon naps are one of my favorite things
- Fall is my favorite season
- I have never been snow skiing
- I have never been able to water ski b/c the skis are always too big for my feet
- I am 5'2
- I wear a size 5 1/2 - 6 shoe
- My life has drastically changed over the last several years
- I have natural curly hair
- My daddy had natural curly hair
- I am an aunt to a beautiful 6 year old little girl and a soon to be aunt to her brother or sister
- I've been through an eating disorder and I am still very conscious of my weight
- I want everyone to know about Jesus and how much He loves them
- I have a soft spot in my heart for the needy
- I once had an accident on a boat and ended up with a slipped disc
- I DESPISE bananas...even smelling them makes me gag
- When I was little it was my dream to be the keyboard player in a band and travel the world
- I want to visit Australia
- I do a pretty good job of hiding my country accent most of the time...but it has a way of creeping up every now and then
- I absolutely hate confrontation and will do most anything to avoid it
- Growing up people always thought I was stuck up but I wasn't I was just quiet and shy...get to know me and you will realize I am quite the opposite...I can be pretty feisty ;)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Friday, I went to my sister's house to see the puppies. They are the most precious little things. There are four gray & black dapples, and two brown dapples. There were originally six puppies but one of them died on Thurs. Peyton is pretty sure it was the runt. So sad. I know I promised pictures but I completely forgot to take any while I was there. Darn, looks like I'll have to go for another visit ;)
So yeah, like I said I've spent the entire day here at the house by myself. My parents left for Spain on Friday. They will be gone for 10 days. For those of you that don't know Ron is an insurance agent. He actually earned the trip through Auto Owners. The entire trip was completely paid for! Mama sent me an email yesterday letting me know that they arrived safely their luggage however, did not. She said that most people were in the same boat though. She also informed me that gas is only $2.10 a gallon there and plenty of it. I can not wait too see all the pictures! Out of all of the trips my parents have been on this one definitely tops them all!
Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
For the last several weeks I have not been myself, or maybe it is myself and I have just ignored the fact. I've been moody, short tempered, selfish, sad, jealous, tired, stressed, worried, and will cry at the drop of a hat. But I put on that happy face like everything is great, dandy, and perfect and I go about my days. At first I had just decided that it was my PMS that was making me act this way. And maybe it is part of it; I do have the worst PMS you could ever imagine, just ask any of my family members and close friends they will tell you. But then I realized I still have the same feelings and emotions once that time of the month has come and gone. So I've really been thinking a lot and trying to figure out where these feelings have been coming from and why.
This is what I've come up with...I can't believe I am about to put this out there for the entire world to see...I must be crazy. I feel like a failure. Here I am 27 years old, moved back in with the parents after college and have been there for almost 3 years now. I have a job that pays me well yet I find that I often stress myself out about how much money I don't have. While I am excited about being an aunt again I can't help but think in the back of my mind wow, I really wish that was me. When is it gonna be my turn? When will I get to see my mom so excited she can hardly stand it? I wish that I had enough balls to tell people what I really think and feel sometimes instead of letting it eat away at me until I get to the point that I am at right now this minute. I wish I stood up for myself more than I do. I guess all it boils down to is I just thought that I would be a little further along in life by now than I am.
Then, after I begin to think about all of these things I then begin to feel guilty. Why do I feel guilty? Because while I do live back at home with the parents I am so grateful that they have allowed me to do this. They have been extremely patient with me...it isn't hard just for me, it is hard for them as well. Then, when I think about how I stress myself out about money I remember this or that that I just had to have or how I just had to go here and go there and it is only my fault. I do it to myself. Then, when I think about how I wish I was the one married with a child and another on the way I am reminded that God has a plan for me. And then, I question how deep my faith and trust in the Lord really is. Why do I question, why do I worry, why, why, why? I am reminded that even though I feel and think I should be further along in life by now God has me right where he wants me. It may not be where I thought I would be or even really where I want to be but there is a reason and purpose behind it all. And I do know all of this b/c I have seen his faithfulness to me time after time. I have seen how he has opened up doors to things I have been praying about for 2 1/2 years now. I know he hears my cries. I know, I know, I know. And that right there is just another reason why I feel guilty.
So, there it is...me letting you into my thoughts and feelings. Me just getting real with myself and real with you. I do feel a little better but it's just gonna take time, prayer, and getting real with myself more often to get back to being me. I actually like "me", I despise the "current me". That's not who I am or who I want to be.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- Fri. : Amanda, Lindsey, and I went to the Gwinnett County Fair. I do love the fair. I'm not sure if it is the funnel cakes, the crazy make you want to yack on the person next to you rides, or if it is the people watching that makes me love it so much. Probably a little bit of everything. Seriously the fair is one of the best places to people watch.
- Sat. : I had a jammed pack day. I went to the DMV to get my license renewed; remind me in 5 years when it is time to renew again to do it online! I had already decided that I would be in there most of the afternoon but it ended up going a lot faster than I had thought. So I got outta there in plenty of time to get the rest of my stuff done and meet my mom at the mall. By the time we left there it was about that time...time for the Dawgs to play. So the rest of the night was spent sitting in front of the TV watching football.
- Sun.: Amanda, Lindsey, and I met Katie for church at 11. Then, we went to the last Braves game of the season. Since nobody else in the company wanted our company tix I took them. They are great seats BUT we just about got hit with 3 different foul balls. One of them was headed straight at our heads and hit the man sitting two rows up from us. Had we not ducked the ball would have hit us. I don't think I've ever gotten down so fast in my entire life!
- Mon.: It was back to work. It was a pretty steady day all day. Monday's usually are though. So when I got off work I was exhausted. My sister called around 10:30 or so to tell us that Maggie (her female miniature dachshund) was in labor. This was my sister's first time experiencing this. Maggie ended up having 6 puppies. They are all dapple; which means spotted. My mom went to see them and said that they look like rats right now. I am going down there either tomorrow or Fri. and see them. I will post some pics after that. Oh yeah, and my sister will be selling the pups so if you would like any info just let me know!
- Tues.: Another day at the office. Another semi steady day. After work I went to the final 722. I had mixed emotions about it; I was sad that it was ending yet happy & excited at the same time to see where God will take us next. It was another great night of worship & teaching. I will admit that I was a little disappointed that Louie and Steve weren't there but I do understand that they didn't want to make it a "parade of stars" so to speak. Anyway, it was a great night and a great ending to something that has meant so much to so many people. Oh and I finally took a step on Tues. to follow God's prompt and step outside my comfort zone even though it scares the crap outta me. And I feel like a thousand pounds have been lifted off of my shoulders. I hope that I will be able to share this with you one day soon but I'm just not ready right now.
- Wed./Today: Work = crazy today. I'm exhausted b/c I did not sleep well last night but if I tell the truth I really haven't slept well all week. Caffeine has been what has kept me going. Small group is tonight but if I don't find a gas station that has gas then I am not going to be able to go. I mean seriously, I know that there is a shortage right now but if everyone didn't panic like maniacs then there still might be some gas stations around that had gas. I just don't get it. Anyway, that has been today so far. I need sleep, lots of sleep.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Yeah, so I found out on Tuesday but I wasn't allowed to say anything until today. Peyton had her first doctor appointment today and she is due April 26th. When Peyton told me, I was not expecting it. I was home sick again on Tuesday and my mom woke me up screaming & squealing. I just figured she was on the phone with my aunt Carol. But when I got into the living room my sister was sitting there. I look at her and immediately say "what are you doing here and why do you keep smiling at me"? Remember I had just stumbled out of the bed and I was still pretty much asleep and still sick. Hence my wonderful mood. Peyton looks at me and says "Do you wanna be an aunt again"? I was like "really, are you serious?!". She said yes and I said "omg, I am gonna cry, omg I am crying". We then all began to laugh at me crying. See I am a crier. I cry when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm scared. I just cry. And you better believe anything to do with babies, I'm crying. Anyway, I could not be more excited about this precious angel God has placed inside of my sister. I'm definitely in love!
Addison is VERY excited about being a big sister. This will be a big change for her so I'm interested to see how she reacts once he/she gets here. Addison is already very motherly so I'm sure she will mother the child to death. I think that is just something with the first born though. I am the first born and I've always been pretty motherly myself. I love, love, love babies. I can remember when my cousin Bradee was born I was 8 or 9 I think. Whenever I got around her I just wanted to be the little mother. So yeah, maybe it is just a first born thing.
Anyway, so that is my exciting news!!! I will continue to keep everyone updated throughout Peyton's pregnancy. This time around I have a feeling things are gonna be A LOT different :) Please remember to keep Peyton, Jacob, Addison, and the baby in your prayers. Thanks!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Me and the girls are goin' to the fair tonight! Yippee, love the fair. Oh yeah and GO DAWGS!!!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
So like I said at the beginning I've been asked questions, advice, whatever you wanna call it a lot lately about what can I say to this person about what they are going through. A person who is very close & special to me has a friend who just lost their father. I have been a go to person for my special friend since I've "been there". I am more than happy to listen and help any way I can. But like I've told this person...there aren't really any words that you can say that are going to make the pain go away. There are no words to stop the crying. There are just no words. In my experiences everyone always thought they needed to say the right thing or do this or do that. But in reality, no words are the right words. My mom and I have talked about this many times before. Some of the things that people say to people who have just lost a loved one will almost make you want to back hand the person. I know that they are only trying to do/say what they think you want to hear. I know that most people are truly sincere when they speak. However, when you are going through such a difficult time as that all you really wanna hear is...
- "Hey, I'm praying for you." But don't just say it...really do it!
- "Hey, I'll be here for you, whatever you need just let me know." And mean it.
- "Hey, if you wanna scream, cry, yell, say ugly words, etc. then that's okay and I'm here and you can do that with me."
- "Hey, if you just need someone to sit with you and be quiet, I can do that."
- "Hey, if you wanna laugh, cry, and remember all the memories, I'm here."
- "Hey, if you want someone to get your mind off of things and tell stupid, funny stories, or whatever, I can be that person."
I'm not really sure why this has been on my heart so much lately but it has. I hope that some day my words might help or encourage you or others. And remember, to think before you speak!!!
Be sure to come back tomorrow b/c I will have a much happier or cheerful post. I have some exciting news to share...just stay tuned :)
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Friday, my family went to eat at Bonefish for my b-day. I absolutely love that place. And like always it was wonderful. The Bang-Bang Shrimp...yummmy! After dinner we came back to the house and I opened my presents. My mom & Ron got me a new silver ring from James Avery that I've been wanting and also a new professional hairdryer. My mom has one and I was constantly using it whenever I got the chance so she surprised me with me own. My sis, Jacob, & Addison got me a new GA necklace. It is super cute. My sister also surprised me with flowers at work! I really do have the best sister in the world. After all of that I went and met up w/ some of the girls. We went and saw the movie The Women. It was just alright. I was expecting it to be a lot better than what it was.
Saturday, my actual birthday, I woke up and was not feeling well at all. My throat was killing me and I was aching like crazy. But I had already made plans with everyone to watch the GA game at Taco Mac. So I took it easy until it was time to go. So I get to Taco Mac and I am surrounded by some of my amazing friends. We watched the game and cheered and yelled as GA beat South Carolina. After that me, Amanda, and Lindsey decided to just hang out. So we visited a friend and then went to Olde Town Tavern in Suwanee for some dinner. It was a great night and I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends.
Sunday, when I woke up I felt even worse than the day before. I was so mad at myself for ignoring the fact that I had not been feeling well. I was supposed to serve on the production team that night but instead I was sitting in the Urgent Care Clinic getting checked out. I left there with two prescriptions and strep throat. Not a huge surprise...if I am sick I have strep throat. That's just what I get. It sucks. So I have been stuck here in the house for the past two days sick. I think I have watched more TV in the last two days than I ever have before. I am looking forward to tomorrow when I will be back on my schedule!
That's just an update on my birthday weekend. Even though I was sick it was still a great b-day. I will try to have some more interesting posts in the next few days.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- The Queen girls and I gave my cousin Kristy and baby Josie a shower. We did a tea party at Candace & Patrick's house. It was such a fun time. Josie is precious and her mother made over! I have pictures but they aren't uploaded yet so I'll get those up soon.
- College Football has officially begun and I have become my normal nut self about the Dawgs! We have won the first two games. And all I gotta say after last weeks game is Knowshon Moreno Heisman Trophy winner! I'm sure you saw this but if not check it out.
- Last Thursday night (9/4) the Buckhead Music Project had it's first night at Vinyl. It was awesome!!! People packed that place out and God's name was lifted high. The excitement that I felt was like no other. It's hard to describe...but I think one thing that excited me the most was not knowing who was a believer and who was not. Just knowing that God was being glorified outside the church walls and in the city was enough. You can go here to check out another persons take on it and some pics from the night. AND if you are in the Atlanta area tonight BMP has night two at Andrew's Upstairs. Go here to hear a little more about tonight. If you come be sure to find me and say hello!
- There have already been a few fall TV premiers and I've already gotten hooked. One Tree Hill (gets better every year), the new 90210 (good but nothing will ever replace the original), and I'm eagerly awaiting Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy. Wow, I believe I am officially a TV junkie. Maybe I should reevaluate :)
- This Saturday is my birthday. I will be just one more year closer to 30 and I can not believe it. A friend and I were talking yesterday about how it seems just like yesterday we were having our surprise party for our 16th birthdays. Where does the time go?! Am I really gonna be 27?!? Daaaang, yep, I am.
Well that is the jest of most everything. I think I have linked everyone but if not please forgive me and you are more than welcome to leave a comment with a link if I missed it. I think I am good to go and should be back to posting regularly again. Sooooo, stay tuned...