Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Story - Part 1

This past Sunday my face was rocked off and I've taken that with me into this week. At church the message was given by Louie Giglo on God's grace. It was, well, amazing! God's grace is truly amazing!!! At the end of Louie's message he told a little more of Ashley's story. If you haven't heard Ashley's story you MUST, really, MUST check it out.

You can also hear Louie's message from Sunday here. It is titled "Home Free - Even Me ; Fruitcake & Ice Cream"

Anyway, like I said at the beginning I've taken what God laid on Louie's heart with me into this week. And as I've reflected back on it all week I am again completely blown away by God's grace. It is by His grace that I am where I am at today. I would like to share a little of my story with you...

I grew up in a Christian home, and we were in church Sunday morning, Sunday nights, and Wednesday nights. I attended church camps, was part of the youth group, hung out with my Sunday School class sometimes on the weekends...I think you get the picture. I accepted Christ at the age of 8 but I don't think I really understood what it meant to have a relationship with Him until I was in high school. It was then that I rededicated my life to live for Jesus Christ.

I was a pretty good kid. Of course there were times I would get myself into trouble but I had a mom that was very on top of things so even if I tried to get away with things I didn't get very far (and I can honestly say to my mom now, THANK YOU). After high school I decided that I would stay at home and go to Gainesville College for my 1st year or 2.

While I was attending GC I started dating D. We continued to date for the next 3 years. Over the 3 year span of our relationship I slipped and I mean really slipped bad. I suddenly had no desire to be in church, read my Bible, pray, really have anything to do with the Lord. However, I was still living at home and it was a rule in our house that as long as you lived there you would be in church on Sundays. I would go occasionally just b/c I had to but I would quite often spend-the-night off just to get out of going to church. You see, I was investing all of me into D and our relationship which left little time for much else. He was my world, my first true love and I didn't think that I needed anyone else. We had been together for almost 3 years and I was sure that we would get married. A couple months shy of our 3 year anniversary we ended our relationship.

I couldn't believe it was over. Done. No more. Three years down the drain. I did my grieving and while doing so decided it was time for a change of scenery. I was working as a bank teller and going to school in Athens. I was ready to be out of my parents house and they were ready for me to go. So, I found some roommates and that August I moved to Athens, GA...one of the biggest college partying towns in the country.

To be continued...

2 comments:

morgan collins said...

oh gosh....what happened next?! :)

Marci said...

AAAGH! What's next?! : )